Leadership Coach, Leadership Trainer, Leadership Key Note
- Strategic and operational leadership
- Improving systems and processes
- Staff training and development
- Change management and expansion, communication and marketing
Mighty oaks from little acorns grow!
Since being a teenager and teaching others how to play the piano, I have loved to enable students, staff, leaders, teams, schools and companies improve and grow.
I am passionate about working with people and helping them be more effective. In what they do and how they do it.
Seeing people improve, watching progress happen and celebrating their success is what brings me real happiness.
Over my career I have enabled and empowered hundreds of pupils, teachers and school leaders to achieve their potential.
Having worked in the most challenging and the most successful organisations and circumstances, my experiences enable me to bring emotional and intellectual wisdom and authority to any situation. Having achieved some significant career high points also enables me to bring significant expertise in helping people and organisations realise their own potential.
From my experience, one piece of wisdom I can offer: You never know where a conversation will lead. Get in touch!
- Originally trained as an opera singer at the Royal Academy of Music, but things have move on since then…
- Twenty-five years’ teaching experience in all types of London secondary schools (with all their challenges!)
- Fourteen years’ SLT experience including two deputy headships and a headship
- Twelve years’ experience as consultant leadership coach, trainer and assessor for all NPQ qualifications
- Author of book “Progress Plain and Simple: What every teacher should know about progress”
- Two Masters degrees and completing Doctorate researching senior leadership teams and their teamwork
My contact information
Email: [email protected]
Having had the chance to review Mike’s book, it demonstrates his focus in providing practical strategies for senior leaders and classroom based educators, on a topic that is poorly understood and ineffectively implemented. It also reflects Mike’s vast experience in school leadership and his aims to help the development of school communities, within challenging contexts (we spent half a term working together within the same school).